Posted on 26. Mar, 2011 by in Training Racing Pigeons
Pigeon racing has been becoming a very popular sport in the current world. This sport has been played by many countries for entertainment. In this sport pigeons are trained to win the race. To win a race it is very important to train your bird thoroughly. Pigeons are found to be the earliest bird to be tamed by man. Pigeons are kept by people for entertainment and as message carriers. Training Racing Pigeons is an Art!
Training Racing Pigeons for The Races!
- However, now day’s people kept pigeons for pigeon racing. Now pigeon racing has become an organized event in which people participate from all over the world. There is also some big money involved in this sport. A person who trained pigeons is known as a fancier. The training of the pigeon depends on the racing distance. A loft will be used to train pigeons. They trained to return to their lofts. This method of training will be done by the trainer at in the early age of pigeon.
- Once the pigeons start to grow they will be released in open environment to observe their surrounding. After that they will find their way to the nest. This process will be repeated number of times and the distance of the nest also increased every time. As soon as your bird start to fly out you should give them a basket trained. It will help them to relax and removes panic. Training racing pigeons is not all about to keep your bird fit but also about teaching them.
Training Program For Training Racing Pigeons
- You can definitely increase your chance of winning by properly managing your training program. As a part of your training program you have to make sure that your pigeons have already done the distance and know the territory. In pigeon racing a small rubber ring will be placed around the leg of every pigeon that are participating in the game. In this race the pigeons have to travel to the winning destination and came back to the original place in least time.
- On first trainings flights you can see it can take the racing pigeons longer than it is expected to return to home. In case, you have followed instructions you do not have to worry, and they will return much faster every time. The amount of missing racing pigeons is minimal (and you may need to accept, that at times racing pigeons will get lost as well as not return).
Training Racing Pigeons With The Weather And Distance
- Keep one tossing the racing pigeons from same point till they begin arriving back at loft in the good time; at that time increase liberation distance by around 10km. While they return in the good time from new distance then add other 10km and so forth. While racing pigeons are to be trained from around 20k, begin to introduce them with bad weather conditions just by taking them regardless of elements (apart from strong winds) as it is a common the mistake to train the racing pigeons fly only in sun. So it is now time for training racing pigeons!
Hey, David Here. Thanks for checking out my site. I hope you will find useful the information I put here about pigeons.
I have been breeding pigeons since teenage days. In my hometown in Virginia, I have about 60 pigeons in my loft, all performers. Some of them I have given away to friends and people who want to get started with this hobby .To know more about my background just take a look at the "about me" page.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 based on 78 ratings