Posted on 22. Mar, 2011 by in Training Racing Pigeons
To start training racing pigeons during the year of birth you have to meet certain requirements. Keep reading so you can find out about generalities.
Training racing pigeons: Conditions
1. You have to be completely sure the pigeons are in perfect health and Salmonella to be vaccinated and Paramixovirosis.
2. Before the start of the move have been suppressed externally and internally, under the supervision of a competent veterinarian.
3. The chicks have to have at least three months old and still flying a minimum of one hour to form a compact group one month before starting training.
4. There can be no more than three pigeons per cubic meter of loft. If possible, separate males from females.
5. The only goal that we seek with this training is to educate the pigeons and not as many people, the pigeons have to eliminate overcrowding.
6. Make a loose planning of short, repetitive and not let bad weather or temperatures above 25 º C and more than 60% relative humidity.
7. All Dove that is sick, sad, poorly shaped, or does not meet the minimum established by you, have been eliminated in advance. For those racing pigeons you need to watch out since in principle you do not have the minimum security that can successfully meet the competition next season.
Training racing pigeons: Planning Time
Once you are sure you have healthy pigeons proceed to educational training distances of 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 100, 150 miles. The first three are repeated several times in the four cardinal directions. In the first three or four loose, the pigeons have not been accustomed to being locked in cages so they proceed to take the pigeons last night to sleep in them forcing us to put very few birds per cage, say , not exceeding 70% of its maximum capacity. Once arrived at the release point let rest at least 30 minutes in the shade for resting well, because at first dizzy much on track.
If at any educational released to return immediately to the loft are not most of them, is a sign that something is not done well on the way or have encountered any problems so we will analyze it and days later repeat the same release point . The training racing pigeons will require a distance between them at least three days to recover from stress and can regulate your digestive system again.
Training racing pigeons: Ideal time?
The ideal time is during the months of September and October that the pigeons have not yet moved the last two active wing feathers, not too hot and the day is still long enough for hours of sunlight. From the 9th pen, in terms of training racing pigeons, it is best not to force the pigeons and that any effort above normal move can prevent it. Do not forget that a bad move jeopardizes the success of the next campaign. Remain patient and make smart moves. You will be soon achieving your training goal. Don’t panic, it may take time but you will get the best out of the process!
I hope this article gave you the information you were looking for about training racing pigeons.
Hey, David Here. Thanks for checking out my site. I hope you will find useful the information I put here about pigeons.
I have been breeding pigeons since teenage days. In my hometown in Virginia, I have about 60 pigeons in my loft, all performers. Some of them I have given away to friends and people who want to get started with this hobby .To know more about my background just take a look at the "about me" page.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 based on 78 ratings